Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weekly Update

  
Tuesday January 25, 2011
Some nights sleep is an interesting experience. I am awake and asleep, awake and asleep. Not restful at all.
So we are off to chemo.  I have to be there at 1:40.
Arrived on time and the waiting room for the Cancer Center is full. They didn’t call me till 2:15 to have my blood work. Now we wait for the results. We meet with Dr Stephanie (my Chemo Oncologist). We meet at 3:15.I was scheduled to meet with her at 2:40. (I guess it is always running behind at the center).

We discuss changing from the nausea medicine that made me soo ditsy and drugged.
I will not be having this drug this week and we will see how I do without it. (As far as getting nauseous).
 I still am having the two nausea medicines before the chemo that I took last week besides the one that drugged me. One is a steroid (which may make me a little ditsy) and another nausea medicine.
Chemo was supposed to be at 3.
All my numbers from my blood work are perfect.
Dr. Stephanie is very impressed with this and tells Melodie whatever we are doing is assisting. (Boy that is a big one from a doctor!) 
Remember there are 3 Stephanie’s now. The doctor, the pharmacist and myself. 
So now I am on to the Chemo treatment.
One takes 40 minutes and the other 1 hour.
I am in one of the rooms (none of them have doors). It has a recliner and a chair in it. (I never recline).  Johnny goes to the cafeteria to now have dinner as we missed lunch!
Good thing I brought a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch...Having it for dinner as it is late and I have not eaten.

As I am sitting looking out the window I see many Angels flying in the clouds.
I hope you all are watching the skies. You can see many wondrous things in the clouds and skies.
Melodie does Reiki on me when I am having my chemo treatment.
It is wonderful to have the two of us as Reiki Masters working together on my breast cancer!
We didn’t get out of there till 6:15.
So now my shot for tomorrow has to be at 6:15, not 5 as planned, it has to be 24 hours after the chemo. The shot is for my white blood cells to rebuild them.
This was a full afternoon. My next chemo is at 12:20 in two weeks. So I’ll see if that is any quicker.
Wednesday January 26, 2011
Oh yes the steroid made me a little ditsy. It was gone by 9 last night.
I did take my other two medicines for nausea before I went to bed last night. I didn’t sleep well, I think they wire me. That still is better then being nauseous and throwing up.
I had a Reiki treatment from Melodie.
Johnny and I went to the Cancer Center and got there at 6pm.
The door was locked and an orderly was coming out the side door so he let us in. (synchronized).
We went up stairs and into the Chemo room. Only one nurse was there, the same one that was there last night with us.
I get my shot and we leave.
It is now 6:30 and we are off to the grocery store. I never thought I would look forward to grocery shopping. It felt so good to do some-thing so normal!!!!
It was the perfect time also. It was dinner hour so the store was empty.
This was a good thing not as many people (not as many germs).
I always wipe down the cart with the wipes they have at the front door. This also helps me with the germs.
We got home around 7:30.
Yahoo something outside the house….
I slept great.
Thursday January 27, 2011
My girlfriend Julie came over at 11am. She cut my red wig some more in the front and it looks real now. It was too full in the front before. 
We then went up to my healing room and I did a reading for her and she did Reiki on me. We got to visit and catch up. Girl time, it is so good!
Julie,  thanks for all the care you take with me!
Julie left around 1:30.
It is lunch time now….
Jackie, my girlfriend had made us soup so we had it for lunch today (our big meal). It was delicious.
Thank you Jackie for the soup and the love you share so openly!
I just did some small things around the house and rested on and off the rest of the day.  
Friday January 28, 2011
We are home and I am tired today.
I was getting ready for my shower and noticed hair in my cap/hat.
So Johnny shaved my head. My hair was starting to fall out.
This way I don’t have to see or deal with it falling out for days on end.
I checked it out in the mirror and the back of my head it looks just like Ryan’s (my 11 year old grandson). Now I know where he gets that circle in the back of his head...we both have

I have been taking my nausea meds as needed.  When I take both of them I am more tired.
Johnny went to Sacred Circle and Stanley (our Maltipoo) stayed home.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are doing well. It sounds you've got allot of great support. Be well, at peace, healthy & free to be.....

    ReplyDelete